Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Canadian Pickers in Sou’West Nova.


GASP!! We totally forgot that last night’s episode of Canadian Pickers featured them in Barrington Passage, Shelburne Co. and small place called Stanburne, just inland from Bridgewater. Who by the way are called Cash Cowboys outside of English Canada according to Wikipedia..

It's not the first time they've been here but..

We were super excited that the picker chose to go to Sou’West Nova Scotia since it’s a place that doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of love these days..Especially since most people I know think Sou'West Nova ends at Mahone Bay.. It seems to be a well kept secret that further you go down the Sou'West coast, the tastier and fresher the seafood seems to get. So, if you want to eat.. and apparently pick for antiques, Sou’West Nova is the place. 


It fascinated watching the show. It was so amazing to see some of the remarkable things people have in your own backyard. I’m not too into all the gas station memorabilia that the Canadian Pickers seem to be into but if you watch closely when they drive up the the first guys house you can see the old fashion gas pump in his front lawn. You can actually see that driving past his house which is right in front of Sobey's. I found the collection of old radios and electronics to be incredible. I had no idea people collected those things. I'll admit that I loved the old Mi’kmaq trapper basket, the whaler gaff and the old fishing rods they bought from the guy in Stanburne the most. I soooo would have bought that!!!

They found such unique things. I wonder if I could find one of those old China Halifax tins somewhere for cheap... I have to keep a look out for them...
If you happened to miss the episode like we did then you’re in luck because you can watch it online on their website.. just follow the link here. If not then I’m sure it will be played a million times on The History Channel.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment