Sunday, September 8, 2013

Flavor 19



I ended up in Sydney the other day unexpectedly and before you knew it it was supper time. After trying the original Flavor location a few years back I have been really looking forward to trying out the second location Flavor 19.  Overall the decor is nice and modern and the food was pretty good (more one that in a moment) but the biggest drawback was the fact that they did not have a AC. This was early August and it was the better part of 30 degrees out and it noticeably hotter inside, I felt so bad for the 2 waitresses working it was bad enough sitting still in that heat. The uncomfortable heat really took away from our meal and I know I won’t be going back till it is much cooler outside.


As i said the food was pretty good I am not sure about great but probably better than other restaurant food I have tried in Sydney. I had the Crispy Thai Chicken burger, this was a tasty burger but there was too much chicken and not enough toppings, I ended up pulling ¾ of the chicken off the burger and eating it after I was done the rest of my meal. For my side I had the beet and goat cheese salad, this is one aspect of the meal that I could not say a bad thing about it was very good and had just the right amount of the creamy goat cheese to balance out the beets. I was with my Mother who had the Butter Chicken and Seafood, she found it kind of bland and even though she loves shrimp and scallops she commented that they did not add anything to the dish.



The location is lovely right on the Lingan Golf Course close to the university and mall and I am sure when it is not so hot out it would be a relaxing place to have a meal. The food was good and the service was great, I will be back just not in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment